Pages

12.13.2006

Christmas Update


Can you believe it’s December 13th? Only 12 days until Christmas! And five days until my brother arrives in Atlanta from Australia, and 8 days until my Mom arrives from Germany, and 13 days until my other brother arrives from Arkansas. Whew. I’m already overwhelmed.

Allen arrives on Monday night and I am totally excited to see him. It’s been almost 4 years since he moved to Australia and although the time has flown by, I still miss him dreadfully. He’s already put in a request for Taco Bell and hot dogs from QT. So, once I give him a great big hug, we’ll bundle him the car and let him eat his heart out. That reminds me, I guess I should check on the whole ecoli scare at Taco Bell. I don’t want him to get sick.

He’ll spend that week with his boys, Phillip and Eric. I don’t know exactly how all of this is going to work, but Phillip lives here in Atlanta and Eric lives in Virginia. We got word this weekend that Eric has broken his arm and will possibly have to have surgery. Now we have to figure out how to either get Allen to Virginia or Eric to Atlanta without to much discomfort and without spending much money. Keep your fingers crossed everyone!

Mom and Jan arrive that Friday afternoon. She’s also put in a food request for Mexican (do you see a trend here?) so I’m sure we’ll be making a stop on the way home from the airport again.

We are going to spend the 23rd at my cousins Terri’s house in Rome baking cookies and being festive. My Aunt Paula is having a open house on the 24th and I think we are going to hang out at her house on Christmas Day as well.

My brother Henry will arrive in Atlanta on the 26th with his girlfriend, his daughter D’Andre and D’s three children. We’ve been doing some calculating and figure that all of us (the three kids) haven’t been together for Christmas since 1981. That’s a long time ago – and considering I was only 3 at the time and don’t remember a moment of it, this year is a big deal.

I am so excited about the 29th of December! Mom and I are going to see Cirque du Soleil's performance of Corteo down at Atlantic Station. We have Tapis Rouge tickets and I can't wait to see how it all works. This may very well be the most time I'll have with mom alone, since we'll be having lots of visitors while she is here, so I'm going enjoy every precious minute of it.

Before all of that can happen, I have my book club Christmas dinner tonight at Taurus (http://www.taurusrestaurant.com), then scrapbooking all day on Saturday with Laurel (I don’t know if Kimberly will make it). Wow. This year will be over before you know it.

In the midst of all of this our office is having renovations done over the holidays and I’m in basically in charge. Oi!

I guess that’s it for now! Merry Pre-Christmas! Talk to you all soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting! Please leave a link to your blog so I can visit you, too!