Pages

8.20.2007

I made it!

Well, I made it to the grand ol’ age of 29. And if birthday celebrations have anything to do with how the future year will be, then I’m gonna have the most fantastic year of all!

The most wonderful thing about this birthday, more than the friends (I know they will all understand this), yummy food, presents and cards was that my Mom was here. Actually here in town, and was the coordinator of this whole shindig. My very first “Happy Birthday” of the day was from her and it meant so much! Yay, Momma!

After work – where I was given the most ingenious birthday “muffin” from two of my bosses, I headed over to see Rachel at Oh La La Salon in Decatur. I got my hair cut and highlighted. It was so nice to be pampered. Then to Café Lily, where I met up with the “girls”, Mom, Jan, Terri, Laurel, Nancy, Lisa, Misti, Aveline, Paula, Cindy and sweet baby Elizabeth. The food was excellent! It was one of the best meals I’ve had in a long time, and we had a great time socializing. Then we headed to Mom’s place for coffee, dessert and presents.

Here’s where I have to give mucho kudo’s to Mom for the dessert selection. I am a cheesecake fanatic. But it has to be the right kind of cheesecake, new york style, creamy, heavy on the cheese, light on the sweet. She found a great one! Oh, and some kind of apple, cinnamon cake as well.

Then on to the cards and presents – some sweet and beautiful and funny cards, a ton of scrapbooking goodies, money and gift cards for Target and Starbucks, a gift card to Veer, where I can purchase my favorite typestyle, and last, but certainly not least, the beginning set of my new dishes! I couldn’t have asked for anything more and I am so blessed to be recipient of such wonderful things!

The rest of the week was spent catching up on sleep from the birthday night and beginning the packing process. I am moving, again. I know, it’s been less than a year since the last move. No one knows this more than I do, but I’m looking forward to this fresh start. I’ll be about a mile from work and I can’t wait to start my new commute!

This week will be more of the same, then scrapbooking on Saturday at Archivers with the North Georgia Girls. I can’t wait!

Talk to you soon! Oh – here’s my inspiration of the week – a postcard from IKEA!

4 comments:

  1. I had no idea it was your Bday! Happy Belated 29th!

    I guess since you are packing that you have found a new abode. Do you have a roommate or are living in "blissful" solitude?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday all week long!! Love that postcard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Be-lated Birthday! I guess I am not one of "the girls." That is okay, do not feel sorry for me stuck at home in my little crafty world! LOL Seriously, BLESSINGS for another year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:25 PM

    Happy Belated Birthday! You have the same Birthday as Brett...that is a special day! ~Jenni

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! Please leave a link to your blog so I can visit you, too!