Pages

1.28.2008

So sad the weekend is over...but happy that the next one is only 4.5 days away!

It's been so cold for the past few weeks (I know, I know, it's warm compared to what those from the north experience – but it's a big deal here when it actually snows!) that when I get home at night or on the weekends, all I want to do is get warm which leads to a not very productive home and scrappin' life.  But it's warmed up a bit, the sun is shining and I had the most wonderfully busy weekend.

 

I left work a little early on Friday to go to the Aveda Institute to get my hair highlighted.  The fun thing about this place is that it's a school, and the students use you as their practice runs.  Now, this could potentially be a disaster, especially if you end up with someone who flunked Color 101, but I got a great girl and my hair looks fabulous.  And all for less than half the price of highlights at a salon.   Then I went over to Mom's for a delicious dinner of spinach salad and shrimp.  Did I say it was delicious?????  Super yummy.  My Aunt Patricia is visiting, so we had a great little visit.

 

Saturday was an early day, but I never seem to have trouble waking up early on a scrappin' day.  Packed up the car and headed up to Archiver's at the Mall of Georgia to meet Misti, Laurel, Sandy, Stephanie and Roxie.  Oh, and Jenni, but she was hosting mania, so we only got to visit for a little bit.  I was going to work on a mini album of my trip to Australia, but just wasn't motivated.  So, I worked on a layout of Victoria and one of Jonathan, and messed around with a couple of cards.  I normally like to be way more productive, but it was so relaxing, I just didn't care if it took all day.  It had been so long since we all got together, we had a lot to catch up on.  It was exciting to see and congratulate Misti, Sandy & Laurel on their weight loss.  I am so proud of each of you!!

 

I kicked butt on my house yesterday, cleaning and doing laundry, putting things away.  I finally cleared out the outside closet where we stored all of the packing materials from my move.  I cleaned it all out and took it to the dumpster.  I even got my taxes done (I had some trouble submitting, but will do that tonight).    

 

On a sad note, my 10 month obsession with all things by director Joss Whedon has come to a close.  I started watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer at Aveline's recommendation in April of last year.  As of yesterday I finished watching all 7 seasons of Buffy and 5 seasons of Angel.  It's a sad, sad day.  Now what will I watch?  Anyone have a recommendation?

 

Hope ya'll have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting! Please leave a link to your blog so I can visit you, too!