Pages

4.09.2008

The Ironing Initiative

It's Wednesday!  And you know what that means?  GOYBSPN!  I've made the decision that I can't do it every week, otherwise I may never get to actually scrapbook and I was worried that it may just turn into a household chore night.  That isn't the purpose of the challenge, but rather to do something you really have delayed in doing for some reason or another.  So, on that note, tonight is the night for ironing.  Yep, you heard me, ironing.  Ironing to me is about the worst possible activity I can think of, except sewing.  And since sewing involves ironing and well…you see the problem.  It's vicious.

 

I've written here before about how my mom is the queen of ironing.  She irons everything.  And I mean everything.  Most of you have heard the story about her ironing my clothes for summer camp.  Shorts, shirt, socks, underwear.  All of it ironed and folded neatly into a pile and each day's outfit was sealed in a Ziploc bag.  For the 8 year old at sleep-away camp it was perfect.  For the 29 year old who abhors ironing that idea is hell on earth.  What in the world will I do when my future children go to summer camp?  Will I throw their clothes in a suitcase and hope they can put together an outfit on their own?  Probably not, but I don't have to enjoy the act of ironing.  No sireee. 

 

So that, ladies and gentlemen, is tonight's activity.  I currently have a pile of clean, but very wrinkled clothes that have taken over the bedroom floor (I really hope my Mom is not reading this right now).

 

I will endeavor to make my Momma proud.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting! Please leave a link to your blog so I can visit you, too!