Pages

3.31.2013

Photos Full of Memories

One of the things I love about being a scrapbooker is being the recipient of old photos from various family members.  It's  a precious thing, to be responsible for the preservation of moments and memories....that might otherwise be lost.  Take these photos for instance.  I found these in a plastic bag along with photos of my aunt.  These are photos I've never seen, but I love them.  They capture our family dynamic when I was a child.  Gathering around the kitchen table, visiting, with family, my grandmother preparing dinner, my dad sitting in his chair by the window.

It's so easy to dismiss these photos.  They are dark and a little fuzzy.  We all had late 80's perms.  But if you look beyond all of that, they are so much more.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting! Please leave a link to your blog so I can visit you, too!