Pages

4.13.2007

Thank goodness it’s Friday! It’s been a crazy day. But, if you’ve known me long enough, you know crazy days are not so abnormal. Really.

Gross warning ahead…..

We’re installing a new phone system at our office. It’s a big deal. Let’s just say that this office hasn’t had a new phone system in ohhhhh 15 years! In the corporate world, that’s a little unusual. And, the old system was actually a refurb. So, this happening is a really big deal. I’m sorta in charge and I’m nervous. Well I was nervous until I noticed that my right eye was a little irritated as I was driving in to work. Nothing major, I thought I had a piece of dirt on my contact. Needless to say, I kept messing with it and it just wasn’t getting better so I looked in the rearview mirror. There was this blob of something that look suspiciously like a big sleepy floating around on top of my eyeball. So, I naturally stuck my finger in my eye to get it out. And realized that it wasn’t a sleepy and it was attached to my eyeball. Ewwwwww!

I don’t mess around with my eyes. I have been going to the same eye doctor since I was about 11. I go faithfully every year and he tests for everything. Needless to say, I walked into the office and went directly to call Dr. Briggs. When I described the “thing” his assistant said “Aaaaa. You better come in this morning, we’ll fit you in”. That kind of response was not the thing to make me feel better.

Once at the doctors office Dr. Briggs told me I had had an allergic reaction to something and it had cause this little “thing” to fill up with that stuff that starts with a “p” and ends with “uss” and then sealed off. Double ewwww! And the only way to get rid of it…..pop it with a needle and aerate. Triple ewwww!

He offered me a Valium. I think I should have taken him up on his offer, but I knew I had to get back to work. The actual procedure was nothing compared to the 10 minutes I had to wait for him to return with his tray of goodies and take care of this thing. There was some serious armpit sweat going on. And all I could think was “I want my mommy!”

Anyway – it’s all good now. Other than my eye being a little irritated, I’m fine. I still wish I had taken the Valium.

4 comments:

  1. Oh.my.freaking.goodness! That's terrible, but I'm glad to hear it wasn't anything too serious. How's the search for the missing cell phone going?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I have never heard of something like on the eyeball itself. You really are unique!

    So, you are missing your phone...did you maybe swap it at a restaurant for some more coasters? haha I have a few more coasters for you, compliments of Chillis.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Creeping crud in your eyeball!


    EWWW.... Nasty!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! Please leave a link to your blog so I can visit you, too!