Pages

8.05.2007

Australia or Bust!

As you can see by the new handy, dandy countdown clock to the right, only little more than a month until I go to Australia! I am starting to get really excited - and am busily making a list of things I would like to do while I am visiting Allen (the brother) and Marie (the fiance).

Here's my list so far:
Take a boat ride around Sydney Harbor and look at the opear house
Visit the Australian Zoo
Go the beach (Bondi beach seems to be the most logical spot)
Go car racing with Allen (and no, this is not normal car racing - little cars on little tracks)
Go to a scrapbooking store

There are hundreds of things to do and I am in a bit of a quandry, as I want to use the time I have wisely and do the really fun things, but as I have never been to Australia, it's a toss up about what will really be fun and what won't. I did look at the Bridge Climb site today, but I don't think I could convince Allen to do it. Heck, I'd probably have a hard time convincing myself to do it, but whenever will I have the opportunity to do something like that again?

As you can see, the last item on the list so far is to visit a scrapbooking store. Australia seems to be pretty much on the cutting edge of the scrapbooking industry, so I'd like to do a little comparison shopping. Anyone reading this blog know of a good reference of stores in Aussie land? I'll be in New South Wales.
I'm also taking suggestions about places to visit and things to do! Send them to me!

More later!

2 comments:

  1. hey... Stephie's been on the bridge climb, and I bet you could convince her to go on it with you! She is super excited about you making your way down under too, so much so that she has arranged some holiday time while you are here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's an opear house? ;-)
    Can't wait to see the pictures from your trip! I think I am going to go through withdrawals though.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! Please leave a link to your blog so I can visit you, too!