Pages

10.25.2007

Olive Oil + Salsa = Nasty Mess

Long time no blog!  I've been pretty busy between work and settling into my new place.  Since I went to Australia pretty quickly after moving, I didn't really have a chance to organize much less hang pictures, etc., so I am trying to get it all done!

 

Last night I pulled out all of my winter clothes from the storage closet, went through everything, set aside a whole bunch of things for goodwill and started the massive laundry that comes with the season switch-a-roo.  Things were going great, except for the piles of clothes everywhere, when I walked into the kitchen and opened the pantry door. 

 

Earlier that evening I had installed a over the door basket thingy from the Container Store to hold spices, etc., and had been so proud of my progress….when SMASH!  An entire wire basket of items fell on the floor.  And wouldn't you know it, it was the basket that had a brand new bottle of olive oil and jar of salsa?  TRIPLE ECCCKKKHHH! Talk about nasty.  And then to make matters worse, I haven't bought a mop yet.  On a side note, I am not a nasty person, I wipe up spills immediately, and vacuum the floor a lot – no mopping needed, but I was getting close.  So, I spent about an hour trying to wipe up the salsa/olive oil without breaking my neck (olive oil on the floor + me = falling disaster) and without cutting myself on the glass.  There is now a greasy, nasty film all over the floor.  Guess what I will be doing at lunchtime?  Buying a mop!!!!

 

Anyone got a great secret method for breaking up oily residue on the floor?

 

So, I'll be doing that tonight, along with trying to figure out what I'll be working on at Laurel's on Saturday.  We are having a Scrap Shindig!  I'll be posting photos – I'm sure!

 

4 comments:

  1. Way too much fun!! Simple Green or something with orange in it should break up the grease pretty good. I've found most cleaners do a pretty good job of it but some say they are specifically for grease cutting.

    I am so ready for a day of fun on Saturday. I don't suppose you could play hooky tomorrow. Going to Archivers in the morning for a class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like a job for a....


















    Tortillia!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. TORTILLA SOUP

    Enjoy this spicy version of tortilla soup anytime -- you'll love the fire roasted tomato flavor!

    6 (6-inch) corn tortillas
    1/4 cup vegetable oil
    SUBSTITUTE AS MUCH OLIVE OIL AS YOU WOULD LIKE
    1 small onion, chopped (1/3 cup)
    2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
    1 medium Anaheim, poblano or jalapeño chile, seeded, chopped
    1 carton (32 oz) reduced-sodium chicken broth
    1 can (14.5 oz) Muir Glen® organic fire roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
    1/2 teaspoon coarse salt (kosher or sea salt)
    1 1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken
    1 ripe medium avocado
    1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese (2 oz)
    Chopped fresh cilantro, if desired
    1 lime, cut into wedges

    Cut tortillas in half; cut halves into 1/4-inch strips. In 3-quart saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Or with a blow torch.
    Soak strips in oil and baiste with blow torch, or Fry strips in oil, 1/3 at a time, until light brown and crisp. Remove heat, or Remove from pan; drain on paper towels.

    Heat oil remaining in saucepan over medium-high heat. or trow oinion or the floor and heat with Blow Torch, Cook onion in oil 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Add garlic and chile; cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently, until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir in broth, tomatoes and salt. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 15 minutes. Add chicken; heat until hot.

    To serve, peel and pit avocado. Cut into 1-inch slices. Divide half of tortilla strips among 4 individual serving bowls; ladle in soup. Top with avocado and cheese; garnish with remaining tortilla strips and cilantro. Serve with lime wedges.

    Makes 4 servings (1 1/3 cups each).

    Substitution: You can substitute another cheese for the Monterey Jack -- try Cheddar, Colby-Jack or Chihuahua (Mexican melting cheese).

    ReplyDelete
  4. visit the site www.dolabuy.ru you can find out more replica bags read what he said YSL Dolabuy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! Please leave a link to your blog so I can visit you, too!