Pages

9.28.2009

Book Review #1


For those who know me well, I like to read. A lot. And I’m constantly searching for a good book. One of my besties, Misti, and I try to read one book around the same time so we can discuss. And I was in a book club for a long time. I miss it. So, every once in a while I hope you’ll amuse me and let me post my opinion about a recent read here.

I’m currently listening to a book on tape called Chesapeake Blue by Nora Roberts. Nora Roberts is one of my favorite writers. Her work falls into three categories. Gratuitous romance novels, crime drama with a little romance thrown in (mostly written under her pseudonym, J.D. Robb) and the occasional beautifully written story about a family and their dynamics. Montana Sky is one of those, and the first book I ever read by Nora Roberts. Chesapeake Bay is one of her newest. It is the fourth book in the Quinn Brothers series, and while the other three were great this one is the best. I’ve read the book itself, and love listening to the audio book.

The imagery is beautiful, there are times when I swear I can smell the ocean. Her point of view varies from character to character, and each is developed in a way that allows the reader to experience the true emotion of the character. There’s a little heartbreak. And a little love. And a picture of a family I’d love to be a part of. While some readers may find the story skims the surface, if you really think about the issues that are addressed, it isn’t surface. It deals with rejection, making changes in your life for the better, regaining trust in human nature, regardless of your history, and ultimately the never yielding love of family.

I give this one 5 stars!

I’m trying to keep my shelfari list (on the left sidebar) up to date. If you have a book you love, tell me about it!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the review, Rebecca! I haven't yet read a Nora Roberts, but she's always on my tbr list. Now I'll have one to start with!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! Please leave a link to your blog so I can visit you, too!