Pages

6.10.2011

Inspired Projects - Part I

Yikes - this post ended up being super long so I broke it up into two.  Come visit again on Monday for the rest!

I haven’t really talked much about the projects we worked on at Inspired…..so here’s a rundown. I am definitely a papercrafter at heart, so most of these are completely out of my comfort zone. A couple of the projects I have inspired me to branch out in other directions than just paper…and some of them I’ll never repeat again. I’m just sayin’. :)


Tags with Stephanie Ackerman
We took a class with Stephanie last year too and I have say I really, really like her. She’s so calm and these tags were a perfect way to start our Inspired experience. Definitely something I’ll do again for gift tags or even a mini album!



Mixed-media canvas with Christy Tomlinson
We were so looking forward to this class with Christy Tomlinson. I’ve been a fan of hers for a long time and this canvas was so fun and easy. I’m looking forward to doing more of these. My favorite part? You can’t even see it, but the canvas was prepped by gessoing clothing sewing pattern paper. Then we painted on top.

Recycled Tote Bag with Tracie Lampie
Okay, so let’s talk about this bag. First of all, it involved sewing. Me and the sewing machine – not necessarily on good terms. But I actually sewed it! As you can see it’s a bit lopsided, but considering this was sewn with no pins or ironing, it’s not half bad. Oh wait – I said NO ironing. That’s wrong. The base of this bag is made from……wait for it……plastic grocery bags! Yup. Plastic grocery bags that have been ironed between sheets of freezer paper until the melt enough to bond and form a more sturdy “fabric”. The colored strips are other shopping bags and pieces from coffee packaging. For realz.

That's it for today - check back on Monday!  Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting! Please leave a link to your blog so I can visit you, too!