Pages

12.31.2011

New Year's Eve

Happy almost new year!

And of course that means I've started thinking about my goals for 2012 (just like you, probably).  It's hard to put into words the challenges and blessings the past year have presented.  And I can only imagine that the next year is going to be even better.

My official word for last year was gumption.  And that is going to be my word again in 2012.  This past year so many things started happening that I've been praying and working for.  But what usually happens, did.  I became overwhelmed and exhausted.  So, this year I'm adding the word "balance" to the mix.

Balance: a state of equilibrium; equal distribution of weight, amount; mental steadiness or emotional stability; habit of calm behavior, judgement

Gumption:  initiative, resourcefulness, courage, spunk, guts, common sense

I'm going to work on setting priorities, remaining calm, saying yes to the important things and no to the unnecessary (this is probably the hardest part).  Most importantly, I'm determined to enjoy life.  To allow myself to leave the stress and pressure behind when it's time to have fun and to buckle down and focus when I need to.  

Here's hope that the new year is everything you wish it to be!  See you in 2012!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting! Please leave a link to your blog so I can visit you, too!