Pages

2.04.2013

Dole Pineapple Plantation


On my second day in Hawaii we visited the Dole Plantation.  Pineapples were and are a big part of the economy, but not nearly as much as it has been in the past. 



We took a ride on the Pineapple Train :) 







Pineapples!  Silly me, I thought they grew on trees, like bananas.  But really they grow from these - the tops of previously harvested pineapples that have been replanted. 

And we were rewarded with this beautiful view!
 
 
Then Nicole wanted to feed the fish.  
 

I didn't have the heart to tell her that these fish completely gross me out....and when you feed them they flop all over each other and make a rather disgusting sound! :)

 
And now for all kinds of pineapple!
 





We had the most delicious treat here as well.  Dole whip.  Seriously.the.best.ice.cream.ever.   
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting! Please leave a link to your blog so I can visit you, too!