I’ve talked about it before….that long line of southern cooks I come from. And how I think somehow it skipped me. I’ve been cooking more and more lately…and have discovered I actually enjoy it. I still have a few disasters. And I do wish it were easier to find more simple recipes….but it’s not bad.
But this morning…I woke up thinking about my childhood favorites. And how I haven’t mastered them. And I need to.
- Vegetable soup
- Sour Cream Enchiladas (totally mastered these J)
- Mexican Rice (check mark)
- Turkey/Chicken Tetrazini
- Potato Salad (I’ve never actually made this when I haven’t been geographically in my mother’s presence)
- Pasta Shell Salad (check mark – and the best bite is right after you mix it and the noodles are still warm)
- Fried Okra
- Fried Chicken
- Baked Beans (I used to be the official baked bean maker at our house, but it’s been years. Maybe because I only know how to make baked beans in one particular pan that feeds approximately 900 people)
- Pole Beans
- Field Peas with a few okra on top
- Roast Turkey (I might be okay with this one, maybe)