Pages

3.26.2014

Art Journaling

I've been steadily filling up my art journal.  It's been quite the learning process.  And while I'm still at the point where I finish a page and am not completely happy with it, I'm trying to embrace the idea that art journaling for me is about the actual journaling and also about practicing different materials and methods.  I've never been a keeper of a written journal.  I do a quick typewritten daily thing using Oh Life, but I've found that writing it with my own hand feels more personal and even more cathartic.  Here's my art journal as of today. Some pages are finished - some are not.


For some reason I feel the need to note that I did this page long before I ever heard that Frozen song.  :)


Practicing a round-about journaling trick - writing lines over lines.




Watercolor painted onto an acrylic block, then stamped.




I'm so sad about this page!  It's just sticky, no matter the drying time.  And this is my first ever "person", but she ripped because the pages stuck together.  Oh well.





My test writing...no message, just writing.  I'll come back to this page, I'm sure.


A gelli print on cardstock that I taped in.


I saw a painting in a store that was abstract like this, so I gave it a go.  Not really my style, but I was excited that you can actually tell it's a face.





Using gelatos for the first time - they were easier to use than I expected.


Well, it certainly didn't feel like I'd done that many pages until I started loading these photographs.  Can't wait to get my hands dirty again!

What about you?  Are you art journaling?  What's your favorite artsy - method.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting! Please leave a link to your blog so I can visit you, too!